May 14, 2010

Letterpress!
































































A blog that I follow, "oh, hello, friend," is celebrating letterpress with studio tours, artist interviews, class locations around the world, and beautiful examples of the art form. I went to my first letterpress class back in February at Studio on the Square in Union Square, NY, and immediately fell in love with the organized trays of beautiful blocks of letters, numbers, and punctuation. The above photos were taken during my class... the first phrase, "My bike is faster than your shoes," was something that a little kid said to me as he passed me on his tricycle.

If you're a fellow type/letterpress geek, check out the blog's letterpress articles and giveaway of awesome letterpress stuff! I'm personally hoping for MonkiVintage's wood type block set, a tomboy letterpress linoleum print (I have a special place in my heart for old cameras), or one of VermillionStarPress's beautiful letterpress calling cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment