May 9, 2010

Jessica Florence

































I can't remember how I first came to know of Jessica Florence's amazing photography of her rats, but I've been following her work for awhile now. She started by photographing her rat, Bug, and has become famous for capturing these adorable moments of her rats sleeping, sometimes with tiny teddy bears. You can see her work on her site and flickr page.

It really makes me miss my own two little girls, Sadie and Cinder, who were two of my best pets as a kid. Rats have unfortunately suffered a lot of bad publicity as filthy creatures, but they actually make wonderful pets. They're clean (but only as clean as you keep their cage), and can be very affectionate. Sadie used to ride around on my shoulder, loved cuddling up either in my sweatshirt pocket or near my neck while I watched TV or read, and loved baths (strange but true!). I highly recommend that you consider making these wonderful little creatures your next furry friends! For more information about rats as pets, check out these links:

American Fancy Rat & Mouse Association
The Rat Fan Club
Paper Heart Rattery (a great place for info and to buy ratties from)

No comments:

Post a Comment