May 20, 2010

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike!






























I have to start this posting by addressing those of you who know me, who are probably crying from laughing, because the truth is that I haven't ridden a bike since I was about 7 years old. Sad but true! I started learning to ride horses when I was at the tiny age of 5 and loved it. I started learning to ride a bike a little after that and became terrified. I think the bike I was learning on is partly to blame, because it was my mother's and my little legs couldn't reach the ground unless I literally fell, which made starting and stopping terrifying. So I gave up before I could figure out how to turn, and now I'm 25 and bi-wheeled challenged. But now that I'm a grown woman who can reach ground on my very own, I really want to finally learn how to properly ride a bike! And I think the best incentive to learn is a pretty, blue, retro one.

I found this photo of a guy on the cutest powder blue retro bike and decided that I wanted it. After searching through various sites selling original and new retro bicycles, I actually found the very same bike that I fell in love with in the photo! Damn I'm good! Turns out it's the Super Deluxe 3i from the Cruiser Collection, made by the Electra Bicycle Co. Don't you just love the classic lines? I've already added it to my wishlist! Another site I found with sweet retro bikes is Republic Bike... they only offer two body types, but you have the option to customize the colors. Happy bicycle hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment